Settlement from the 11th to 13th Centuries
The settlement in the lower castle is a remain of the settlement of the original hillfort from the period of Great Moravia, the existence of which continued in the 10th to 13th centuries after the end of the Great Moravian Empire. The settlement consisted of smaller buildings with rectangular ground plans owned by Slavic inhabitants of the original hillfort and, later, to the servants providing operation of the medieval castle. During the archaeological research, foundations of 12 simple single room and double room structures with the circumferential dry-quarry-stone bricked wall were discovered there. They were heated by means of an open fireplace or stove. As indicated by the finding on a crown of the bricked wall of one of the buildings, structures of the buildings could also be made of wooden logs. There were also ceramics and coins of Hungarian rulers Solomon (1063 – 1074) and Louis (1077 – 1095) found in them which date the settlement back to the 11th to 13th centuries.